Every church has its own style of worship. We think you'll enjoy the services here at Zion, but as in any church you should expect to take a couple of Sundays to become accustomed to our way of praising God together.
Each week the the basic parts of the service are printed in the worship folder, or bulletin, to provide reference to our hymnal during the service. The Bible readings are always printed in the bulletin for you, and Bibles are also available at church. You are welcome to bring along your own Bible and follow along there if you choose.
Our worship services focus on readings from God's Word--the Bible. There we hear God talk to us. Music and singing are important parts of our worship as well. Loud or soft, in monotone or rich harmony, all our praises are music to the Lord.
I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD."
Our worship services usually include the following parts in a variety of forms:
- The Invocation - We call on the name of our Savior Lord as we praise him with song.
- Admitting Sins and Receiving Forgiveness - We acknowledge that we have not been or done what God asks. Then we are assured of forgiveness in Jesus.
- Bible Readings - We read selections from God’s Old Testament prophets, Jesus’ apostles, and from Jesus himself.
- Sermon - Our pastors offer instruction and encouragement in a Bible-based sermon for children and adults alike. Young or old, you can expect God’s guidance and grace through his Word for dealing with life's problems, as well as the promise of eternal life in heaven through our only Savior Jesus.
- Response to the Word - We respond with offerings and prayers for the things he has promised to us and for strength to do what he has asked.
- Parting blessing - Before we return home for the week, we hear one last assurance of the Lord’s gracious care.
Throughout these different parts of our service, we praise our gracious God with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs from the entire history of God's Church. On the first and last Sundays of each month our members partake of the Lord's Supper. Our worship services use traditional forms, respectful of our rich Christian heritage, but modern language and application. We hope you will enjoy both as we worship our gracious Lord together!